"Dog's Best Friend" is the 1st episode of 101 Dalmatian Street, especially as the official start for the show and the first season, as well as the first part of the first episode of the Disney+ release.
The episode originally aired as a sneak peek on December 14, 2018, before making its official premiere on March 18, 2019 alongside "Boom Night". In the United States, it premiered alongside "Boom Night", "Muddy Pups", "Power to the Puppies" and "Who the Dog Do You Think You Are?" on March 29, 2021.
|For a full plot of "Dog's Best Friend", click here.|
|For a full transcript of "Dog's Best Friend", click here.|
- Dylan (debut)
- Dolly (debut)
- Delilah (debut)
- Doug (debut)
- Dizzy (debut)
- Dee Dee (debut)
- Mr. Fuzzy (debut)
- Diesel (cameo)
- Clarissa (debut)
- Hugo (debut)
- Triple D (debut)
- Dorothy (debut)
- Dawkins (debut)
- Hunter De Vil (cameo)
|South Africa||December 14, 2018||09:30 (UTC+04:00)
|United Kingdom||16:30 (UTC)||English|
|Germany||December 15, 2018||10:55 (UTC+01:00)||German|
|Denmark||December 16, 2018||09:50 (UTC+02:00)
|Bulgaria||December 21, 2018||11:00 (UTC+02:00)||Bulgarian|
|Spain||December 22, 2018||11:10 (UTC+01:00)
|Portugal||11:20 (UTC)||European Portuguese|
|Italy||December 23, 2018||09:20 (UTC+01:00)||Italian|
|Turkey||January 26, 2019||Turkish|
|Israel||April 21, 2019||Hebrew|
|Australia||June 1, 2019||09:57 (UTC+12:45)
|Brazil||June 2, 2019||12:00 (UTC-02:00)
|Latin American Spanish|
|Japan||July 6, 2019||13:00 (UTC+09:00)||Japanese|
|South Korea||July 22, 2019||16:30 (UTC+09:00)||Korean|
|Russia||September 7, 2019||12:00 (UTC+10:00)||Russian|
|Southeast Asia||October 5, 2019||10:30 (UTC+09:00)
|09:30 (UTC+07:00)||Vietnamese (subtitles)|
|Hong Kong||October 10, 2019||17:45 (UTC+08:00)||English|
|Southeast Asia||September 19, 2020||10:30 (UTC+09:00)
Names in other languages
- Bulgarian: Най-добрият приятел на кучето (transcription: Naĭ-dobriyat priyatel na kucheto)
- Cantonese: 最好的朋友 (pinyn: zuì hǎo de péngyǒu)
- Czech: Nejlepší přítel psa
- Danish: Hundens bedste ven
- Dutch: Hondenvriend
- Finnish: Koiran paras ystävä
- French: Le Meilleur Ami du chien
- German: Des Hundes bester Freund
- Hebrew: חברו הטוב של הכלב
- Hungarian: A kutya legjobb barátja
- Italian: Il miglior amico del cane
- Japanese: 初めての＂ペット＂ (romanisation: hajimete no "petto")
- Korean: 최고의 애완 동물 (romanisation: choegoui aewan dongmul)
- Mandarin: 最好的朋友 (pinyn: zuì hǎo de péngyǒu)
- Norwegian: Hundens beste venn
- Polish: Najlepszy przyjaciel psa
- Portuguese (Brazilian): O Melhor Amigo do Cachorro
- Portuguese (European): O Melhor Amigo do Cão
- Romanian: Cel mai bun prieten al câinelui
- Russian: Лучший друг собаки (transcription: Luchshiy drug sobaki)
- Spanish (European): El mejor amigo del perro
- Spanish (Latin American): El mejor amigo del perro
- Swedish: Hundens bästa vän
- Vietnamese: Bạn thân của loài chó
- One of the photos which Mr. Fuzzy looks at is of Pongo and Perdita.
- One of the other photos is that of Dylan's test pitch design.
- Doug being covered in soot is a possible homage to the climax of 101 Dalmatians where the Dalmatians disguise themselves as labradors.
- While this may be their first appearances, neither Clarissa nor Hunter have any spoken lines of dialogue.
- This episode bares an identical title with one from its predecessor series, 101 Dalmatians: The Series.
- This is the first episode to air on a Friday, at least as a sneak peek.
- In Southeast Asia, the line "The poor, dumb creature" was censored, with "dumb" being muted, only in the English audio track.
- As a sneak peek, this is the only episode to air in 2018.
Click here to view the gallery.