"Merry Pups" is the first short of 101 Dalmatian Street. The short was originally released on December 14, 2018.
It is Christmas Eve, and Dorothy is trying to open up one of her gifts. Dylan stops her and reminds her to wait until tomorrow morning. She becomes sleepy and leaves to go to bed. Dylan takes it upon himself to prevent anyone from trying to open any gifts, particularly Dorothy's. Dolly sees him guarding the tree and makes a plan with Dizzy and Dee Dee to get to the gifts. Dylan, seeing Dizzy and Dee Dee scurrying about, installs string with bells to alert him of anyone trying to get to the gifts. Dolly takes this as a challenge and swiftly avoids all string.
Dylan is distracted by Dizzy and Dee Dee getting caught in the string, leaving Dolly a perfect opportunity to get to the gifts. As she tries to open Dorothy's gift, Dylan catches her and tries to rip the package from her paws. The two fighting causes the package of gifts they were on top of to fall down, and the two get tangled in the string of bells as they swing into the tree. Dorothy's gift avoids getting crushed by a ladder only to become struck by lightning.
The next morning, as Dorothy sleepily climbs down the stairs, the four pups on the tree become increasingly nervous. Dorothy, contrary to expectations, is delighted to see her gift as all she wanted was the ribbon on top.
- This was first short to be released, despite some sources saying that its the fifth.
- However, this was originally the fifth short in production order. The reason for that is because of the first episode (having a sneak peek) was airing during Christmas time.
- Agnes Peacock voices Dorothy instead of Margot Powell.
- This is the only short released in 2018.
- This is the only short not included in the episode "Puppy Dreams".
Click here to view the gallery.